Chief Engineer - Salt Lake City, UT
About Avison Young
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company provides value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality properties.
We are currently seeking a Chief Engineer for our facility in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Direct management of the onsite engineering staff overseeing the target completion of regularly scheduled work.
- Management of the Unisys Change Control process that governs all work in the critical environments and infrastructure that supports the critical environments
- Lead staff training for operational, safety, work management and other related areas.
- Responsible for but not limited to: operating, inspecting, and maintaining all HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities to obtain most efficient operating results, life and management reporting consistent with Unisys’ and Avison Young’s objectives and expectations.
- Foremen and advisor for maintenance technician personnel in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all base building and critical system machinery and equipment.
- Assures that equipment is maintained in an energy efficient and safe manner.
- Utilizes 360 Facility (CMMS) to reduce client equipment down time to a minimum by implementing and performing structured preventive, predictive equipment maintenance.
- Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Manages the subcontractor resources required to support building operation and maintenance.
- Responsible for managing all work within budgeted expectations.
- May stand watch and work with tools of the trade.
- Other miscellaneous duties, as assigned
- Education - Minimum of a high school diploma. Two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC
- Experience - 10+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering maintenance-Specifically with a focus on a 24x7x365 operational schedule
- Special knowledge and skills – Critical Environment experience, including strong HVAC background – including chillers, cooling towers, CRAC systems, heat pumps, VAVs, pumping systems, fluid filtering, water treatment and control systems; Emergency backup systems – including generators, transfer switches, UPSs, PDUs and Static switches
- Must have 5+ year experience managing engineers or maintenance teams, including management of the operational scheduling and employee performance management.
- Must have experience with critical environments
- Personal characteristics - Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Outlook, etc. and be familiar with electronic work order and PM systems
- Must have, or obtain within 90 days of hire, any licenses or certifications that are required by local or state jurisdictions
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices.