Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organization that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organization. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why work for us?
We believe our industry is changing and we want our business to be a company of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. At Avison Young, we are committed to hiring people from all walks of life who have a collaborative style and innovations focus; we believe a diverse and embracing workforce makes for a stronger, more capable and competitive company. We will provide you with a place where you can step up and change the game. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent.
- Maintain, repair where possible the electrical systems.
- Oversee elevator and contract personnel.
- Maintain, repair where possible general building systems including:
- snow removal
- roof repairs
- plumbing and sewer issues
- parking lot and courier movement
- pest control
- washroom and cleaning supplies inventory
- sign maintenance, interior and exterior
- windows and water penetration
- general repairs, interior and exterior
- exterior landscaping contract maintenance - excluding annual plantings
- irrigation system
- environmental compliance
- misc. repairs and maintenance
- health and safety issues
- fire and life safety devices
- Contact contract personnel to perform repairs outside of incumbents skill level.
- Obtain pricing and request purchase orders from head office for contractors for repair work and supplies using good judgement to ensure fair pricing and good value for money spent.
- Inspect building on a daily basis and take corrective action where necessary.
- Check cleaners log and take any necessary action
- Provide a written report to the Manager by no later than the third day of the following month detailing repairs completed and outstanding for the month. Detail any preventative maintenance work done and highlight any existing or foreseeable problems in the future (i.e. next 30 to 60 days) Suggest cost saving measures and advise the Manager of any tenants premises not maintained in accordance with their lease requirements.
- Update all log books.
- Inspect all vacant areas and report on their condition and take necessary corrective action where possible.
- Attend and participate in monthly management meetings.
- Perform complete building inspection on form provided by Manager and include with monthly report.
- Assist Manager in budget preparation by obtaining quotes and itemizing capital repairs to be included in budget.
- Meet with Tenants to ensure their satisfaction with their premises and report to Manager any concerns.
- Attend all construction site meeting to ensure that trades are performing and working within set guidelines. Work together with the Management Team to ensure that the tenants needs are being met and that building systems are not put into jeopardy.
- Supervise trades and report to the Management Team any concerns or discrepancies that may arise. Attempt to resolve issues before they become situations.
- Building Operator will carry a cell phone and be available on call to respond to emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
- Building Operator will work with the Management Team, but report to the Operations Supervisor.
- A PM designation, or equivalent, and a SMT designation, or equivalent would be preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company is comprised of more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 82 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!