Avison Young, a global real estate solutions firm, is seeking a Senior Associate to support the San Francisco, CA Structured Finance Group. The team specializes in arranging financing across all property types and capital structures including, senior (permanent) financing, construction loans, bridge loans, mezzanine debt, recapitalizations, preferred equity and joint venture/programmatic equity.
This position is focused exclusively on the placement of debt and joint venture equity for commercial real estate transactions. Senior Associates will be primarily responsible for the overview of the financial underwriting, production of offering memorandums, and contacting lenders, joint venture equity sources and other capital sources to discuss investment opportunities that the team is marketing. The ideal candidate is looking to work in a high-energy, team-focused environment.
- Oversee the preparation of debt and/or equity offering memorandums for commercial real estate transactions, including the market research and write-ups, the financial modeling and the composition of executive summaries and investment highlights
- Provide support to Producers during the marketing process by distributing marketing materials, contacting and answering lender questions and keeping Clients informed of progress
- Facilitate deal execution by organizing closing calls and tracking closing checklist items
- Assist with preparation of presentation and pitch materials for new business pursuits
- 4+ years of work experience in Finance or Commercial Real Estate is preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of finance
- Strong internet search skills are required
- The individual should be a self-starter with a positive attitude and be willing to work long hours and weekends on occasion
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic credentials
- Excellent writing and grammar skills (applicant will need to submit examples of written work product)
- Strong computer orientation and proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word software is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and can explain complex concepts clearly and simply
- Ability to work independently and within a team on a wide variety of projects
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
- Ability to reprioritize tasks on a daily basis given varying team requirements
- Advanced understanding of real estate fundamentals, economic metrics, and valuations
- A desire to work within a fun, diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations to this posting. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.