Senior Graphic Designer
Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organisation that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organisation. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why Work for Us:
We believe that our industry is changing, and we want our business to be a melting pot of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. Your gender, religion and race are all highly respected, but are less important to us than your ability to step up and change the game. We provide you with a place where you can do just that, with like-minded people. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent from the industry.
Title of Position: Senior Graphics Designer
Location: Toronto, ON
Reporting to: Vice President, Marketing & Vice President, Operations
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Key responsibilities of the Senior Graphics Designer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide creative and innovative approaches to marketing programs for various teams
- Manage the design and layout of various marketing materials (flyers, surveys, brochures, sales advertisements, proposals, reception, invitations, etc.) using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects
- Design, manage and implement marketing strategies and advertising campaigns
- Creating proposals, presentations, and marketing materials, including e-blasts, flyers, floor plans, maps, postcards, invitations, boards, and signage
- Responsible for tracking workflow, ensuring that jobs are completed in required time frames to client specifications - track various graphic design jobs and their progress
- Create best-in-class email marketing campaigns using Pardot
- Coordination and layout of market reports, newsletters, and other materials
- Create PowerPoint presentations, layout and design of proposals, flyers working closely with key stakeholders on concept and messaging
- Maintain brand consistency in line with global corporate standards at all times
- Create promotional videos and interactive websites for key listings
- Produce custom branding/logo for special projects and campaigns
- Design and coordinate advertising jobs for various newspapers and magazines
- Arrange signage or special printing requirements for properties as required
- Facilitate and maintain content for GTA webpage
- Outsourcing and managing large print jobs and mailings when needed
- Assist in maintaining and updating contact list/database, signage inventory, and local office listings (experience with Salesforce CRM an asset)
- Assist junior team members to ensure quality of work product is consistent
- Other special projects and duties as required or assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of experience in creative graphic design and / or email marketing
- A post-secondary diploma in graphic design would be considered an asset
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- HTML, Video Editing, Macromedia Flash, website and print design experience are all considered assets
- Proven ability to provide creative marketing solutions upon receiving project brief
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Strong investigative skills
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Attitude — positive, always seeking to better our team, striving to add value each day
- Experience in commercial real estate considered an asset
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!