Project Manager - Development Services
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its Principals. Founded in 1978, with legacies dating back more than 200 years, the company comprises approximately 5,000 real estate professionals in 120 offices in 20 countries. The firm’s experts provide value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management and financing services to clients across the office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality sectors. Avison Young has five offices throughout the Tri-State region in New Jersey (North & Central), Manhattan, Long Island and Fairfield County/Westchester County.
We're searching for a Project Manager responsible for managing multiple Real Estate Development projects within the constraints of scope, schedule, quality and budget, and to deliver the specified requirements that meet and exceed the client’s satisfaction. The Project Manager will manage the Project team members, consultants and vendors alone or with an Assistant Project Manager on larger projects. Project sizes and scopes can range from site and building modifications of existing properties to new developments with over $100 million in value.
- Liaison with the client. Establish and confirm the project objectives, needs and goals. Prepare an action plan that considers these factors.
- Team leader responsible for assembling the appropriate team members, directing and motivating them. Managing and monitoring the work and the resources involved through the course of the project to insure they are being documented and delivered as required.
- Facilitate the project communications to all team members and stake holders, including minutes, meetings and conflict resolution. Escalate decisions and unresolved issues.
- Manage the entitlement process including coordination of all consultants, attorneys, and client to obtain full governmental approvals necessary to develop a property.
- Proficient in producing and managing the RFP process for services and products as required for the project and negotiating final contracts.
- Establish and update schedules. Track, forecast and manage any deviations from the plan.
- Establish a preliminary project Budget. Update and manage that budget through the course of the project. Provide budget reporting and expertise in providing value added solutions to maintain the budget. Manage trade-offs between scope, quality, schedule and budget.
- Administer payment procedures and approve the appropriate project expenditures and establish change order control procedures. Maintain budget including contract and invoice tracking
- Enable Quality assurance and quality control as appropriate.
- Provide expertise in examining the Risks and providing mitigation solutions for those risks.
- Provide ongoing project reporting to the client and stake holders for the project, including budget and schedule.
- Manage the project documentation, approvals and changes. Document disputes, delays and claims and assist in their resolution.
- Close out the project, prepare a final project report and archive the project records. Ensure satisfactory completion of all services and product installations, including managing punch list completion, final payments, lien waivers and close out documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Project, PlanGrid or BlueBeam
- Ability to read and understand architectural and engineering plans.
- Goal oriented, team player, good communications/human relations ability, action focused, pragmatic, self-disciplined, organized, motivation and delegation skills.
- College degree or relevant certification in Project Management; BS Civil Engineering a plus.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Project Management primarily for development projects; however, interiors experience is a plus.
- Experience with entitlements, construction and budgeting in a project management capacity.