Assistant Building Engineer
Avison Young is a Canadian-based international real estate solutions firm, and is one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. From our principals to our on-site teams, we have the people, knowledge and unyielding commitment necessary to increase the value of the properties we manage.
We currently have a great opportunity for an Assistant Building Engineer for our property located in Frederick, Maryland.
Under the supervision of the Chief Engineer, performs general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds. Working under moderate supervision, assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Responds to customer service requests.
- Completes property rounds and mechanical equipment check daily.
- Plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and hearing system repairs.
- Light carpentry work.
- Drywall repairs/finishing and touch-up painting.
- Fire alarm checks.
- Adhere to all OSHA guidelines and regulations
- Maintain the general cleanliness and upkeep of the property.
- On-call shifts as required.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- 1-3 years of maintenance experience.
- Universal CFC certification preferred, or working toward CFC certification and/or local or state license in mechanical or HVAC trade.
Knowledge and Skills:
- General handyman experience.
- Familiarity with rooftop VAV systems.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Dependable and good time management skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, tenants and vendors.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs and ladders and ability to lift and/or carry or manipulate heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors.
Avison Young rewards hard work with a comprehensive compensation program including competitive wages and a robust benefits package, 401(k), paid time off and more! Eligibility for our benefits is on the date of hire.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations via Career Builder, or submit via email, fax or regular mail:
Avison Young - Human Resources
11921 Rockville Pike, Suite 200
Rockville, Maryland 20852
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please, no calls from recruiters. Avison Young subscribes to the spirit and laws regarding Equal Employment Opportunity. Additionally, Avison Young operates in according with a Drug Free Workplace and conducts drug and alcohol tests.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment:
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity. The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law. For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.