HR Benefits Administrator
Job Title: US HR Benefits Administrator
Reporting To: Director, HR
Position location: Chicago, Downtown
Who Are We?
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its Principals. Founded in 1978, with legacies dating back more than 200 years, the company comprises approximately 5,000 real estate professionals in 120 offices in 20 countries. The firm’s experts provide value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management and financing services to clients across the office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality sectors.
Who Are You?
To be successful in this role, you must have experience with US benefits administration be detail-oriented, results-oriented, and confident. The ability to multi-task is an absolute must have!
The Benefit Administrator is an essential part of the HR team interacting with all levels of employees. You will work autonomously, but also as a collaborative team member. The Benefits Administrator acts as a day-to-day point of contact for employees and will ensure all benefits elections are approved and access and removable of benefits is completed within a reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure all US hires have reviewed benefits training in AYU within two weeks of start date
- Assist in analyzing, modifying, and implementing policies and benefit plans to ensure benefit programs are relevant with market and meet legislative requirements
- Provide new and current employees with an explanation of benefits and instructions on enrollment procedures; investigate discrepancies and provide information on non-routine situations
- Administration and processing of employee benefits; new enrollments, benefit changes, terminations and ancillary requests
- Organize and maintain employee files and documentation related to benefit programs. Ensure organization of records electronically and properly store original hard copies where necessary
- Coordinate FMLA, LOA, Worker’s Comp and COBRA processing
- Liaise with HRIS Analyst and Accounting to ensure monthly enrollment reconciliation, billing accuracy and timely payments
- 401 K matching contribution remittances
- Benefits election approvals completed within the HRIS (ADP)
- Keep abreast of industry trends and information and act as a subject matter expert for benefits; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations
- Assist with coordination of weekly communication relating to the Mental Health initiative or other HR programs and assist with administration of the wellness programs using the Vitality Health platform
- Coordinate and provide administrative support to HR team and assist with other projects as may be required from time to time
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree strongly preferred
- 2+ years of HR experience with a focus on Employee Benefits (i.e. medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage)
- Previous experience COBRA administration is preferred
- Highly motivated, energetic individual with the ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both internally (teammates) and with external contacts (carriers, vendors, clients, etc.)
- Possess the ability to work with a high degree of confidentiality
- Adaptable to fast-paced and quickly changing environment and work priorities
- Experience in Real Estate is considered an asset
- Experience using ADP is considered an asset
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.