Avison Young, a Canadian‐based, global real estate solutions firm, and one of the fastest growing commercial real estate services firms in the United States, is searching for an experienced Lead Building Engineer for several of our contracted locations in Acton, Bedford, Concord, Hudson, Maynard and Sudbury.
- As Engineer you will manage daily service calls, perform maintenance of general equipment, and communicate with an offsite management office
- Role requires immediate response to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns
- Responds to customer service requests, delegating tasks when appropriate.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Ensures management team is informed of current building operations
- Conducts daily reviews of grounds upkeep, lighting, ceiling tiles, housekeeping and building storage/mechanical areas and operating equipment. Identifies deficiencies and implements corrective action as necessary.
- Recommends and assists with obtaining proposals for outside contract work.
- Maintains building certificates for elevators, boiler/pressure vessel, fire/life safety documents.
- Acts as liaison for management when dealing with tenants and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Previous experience in Commercial Real Estate is a plus. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience as a Maintenance Mechanic to step up into a Building Engineering position. We are looking for the right person to fill this position with our company rate of pay will be established at time of formal interview.
Please contact Molly Sullivan at 617.758.8267.