Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organization that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organization. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why work for us?
We believe our industry is changing and we want our business to be a company of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. At Avison Young, we are committed to hiring people from all walks of life who have a collaborative style and innovations focus; we believe a diverse and embracing workforce makes for a stronger, more capable and competitive company. We will provide you with a place where you can step up and change the game. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent.
Avison Young is currently seeking an individual to fill an Administrative Assistant role for our Industrail Team. We are looking for someone who is reliable, timely and professional. The successful candidate will need to be able to use proper judgment in planning and prioritizing the workload. We are looking for someone who is intelligent, assertive, reliable and professional. Must have a high level of interest and aptitude for sales. We are looking for an individual who is motivated and committed to becoming successful in a sales environment who have the work ethic to ensure a high level of productivity.
- Types, formats, and produces documents such as proposals, presentations, correspondence, and standard reports.
- Copies and files all documents.
- InDesign experience
- Establishes and maintains record keeping and filing systems; classifies, sorts and files correspondence, records and other documents.
- Arranges meetings and conferences, schedules appointments, and completes travel or conference arrangements.
- Perform administrative duties specific to department such as, conducting research on real estate properties, update real estate databases, and preparing collateral materials for quarterly mass mailings.
- Proficient in online marketing/social media
- Other duties may be assigned as the team sees fit
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- University degree/diploma with a preferred major in real estate, business or finance and/or minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Excellent understanding of English - written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task, utilize effective time management skills, and be able to recognize and respond to time sensitive issues and tasks
- In-depth knowledge of the administrative procedures and tools required to support an individual as well as an organization
- Demonstrate superior problem solving and judgment capabilities
- Ability to work independently and as a cooperative, collaborative team member
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises of more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 84 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY! We ould like to thank all applicants for their interest; however; only those candidates selected for an intervuew will be contracted.