Date posted: October 2019
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm, with 120 offices providing sales, leasing and management services to owners and occupiers of properties around the world. We are rapidly building a global brand and are seeking a Research Analyst to join our team.
Performs a variety of analytical, writing, graphic, presentation and administrative tasks to support real estate brokerage functions and national research efforts. Responsible for daily data management and data integrity as well as for market research, analysis and trends reporting for the local market. Is the primary market contact for research-related requests. Leads local effort to participate in Avison Young’s national and international reporting such as newsletters, annual forecast, and investor requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the analysis, interpretation and reporting of market research data through internal and vendor provided sources.
- Prepares specialized market analyses including: economic overviews, market area highlights, competitive market analyses, forecasting, data analysis and trends.
- Works closely with brokers to address their research needs and formulates text and graphics for regular market trends reports. Prepares project specific reports and market analysis and client presentations.
- Understands all software programs and vendor provided data used for research and researches, evaluates and recommends new programs.
- Track research subscriptions for local market and develop annual budget requests.
- Responsible for training interns and junior brokers in research related software programs.
- Works with Research Practice Leaders to comply with company standards and report appropriate market statistics to national and international directors.
- Coordinate corporate and client requests and responses for the local office.
- Manage a reference library such as reference publications, tax maps, periodicals, building brochures, research files and tenant information.
- Monitors the research capabilities of the local competitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree. Real estate, finance, urban planning, or business degree preferred. One to two years’ experience in related field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Graphic programs.
• Strong communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to self-manage and meet deadlines are needed.
• The position requires the ability to write reports and business correspondence and the ability to effectively present information to both internal management and external clients.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.