- Location : Austin, TX
- Client : Condé Nast
- Size : 10,655
- Type of Project : Office
- Service Type : Tenant Representation
– Condé Nast (CN) is a premier media company, attracting 123 million consumers through the company’s portfolio, which includes Vogue, GQ, The New Yorker, Wired and Pitchfork, among many other major brands.
– CN was having difficulty recruiting software engineers in New York City causing them to begin a nationwide search for a new satellite office.
– AY identified existing and proposed developments in downtown and East Austin that best fit Condé Nast’s desire for a unique office experience that would attract top engineering talent.
– Utilized AY’s Project Management services to keep costs low and meet operational deadlines.
– Worked in collaboration with The Austin Chamber of Commerce to present Austin as the best city to secure the services of software engineers.
– Achieved over $450,000 in parking cost savings over the term of the lease.
– Negotiated with the Landlord to allow dogs in the office, which was very important to CN’s culture.
“The Avison Young team were instrumental in our company move to Austin, Texas. Their expertise, timely work ethic and overall professionalism guided us through our aggressive timelines. They were always available to speak with us and always went a step further in assisting our needs. Their knowledge of the city and understanding of our vision created an excellent work dynamic. Where location sourcing and lease contracts tend to be stressful and aggravating they helped make the process as enjoyable as possible. If we could do it all again we would choose Avison Young without a doubt.”