- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Size: 222,000 sf
- Type of Project: New Construction
- Service Type: Owner Representation
The Philadelphia Zoo is America’s first zoo and among the most visited attractions in the Greater Philadelphia Region. Nearly all of the Zoo’s 1.2 million annual visitors arrive by car. Avison Young was tasked with the responsibility of managing their Intermodal Improvements Project.
The effort included improvements to provide year-round parking solutions and enhanced traffic conditions for the Zoo, allowing for a better guest experience, while also serving neighboring communities and enhancing existing revitalization efforts within the Centennial District, Museum District and University campuses.
We provided full oversight from concept through close-out.
- Development of Master Project Budget & Schedule
- Coordination with Local, State & Federal Government Agencies
- Oversight of Design & Construction
- Oversight of Additional Services
- Security & Access Control Systems
- Close-out Management
Our oversight saved the Zoo five months of parking lot downtime for their most active lot.