Client Services Coordinator
Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organization that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organization. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why work for us?
We believe our industry is changing and we want our business to be a company of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. At Avison Young, we are committed to hiring people from all walks of life who have a collaborative style and innovations focus; we believe a diverse and embracing workforce makes for a stronger, more capable and competitive company. We will provide you with a place where you can step up and change the game. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent.
- Experience preparing and reviewing legal documents (letters of intent, offers, proposals, commission agreements, listing agreements, amendments, waivers, extensions, and Multiple Listing Services agreements) with great attention to detail
- Control and maintenance of legal documents throughout the deal and due diligence process
- Provide administrative support for internal and external correspondence including file management, organizing and distributing marketing materials
- Maintain and review property listings and manage expiry dates and prepare required documentation
- Maintain records of correspondence for property listings with agents and update client reporting as required
- Coordinate deal processing with agents and Accounting Department
- Schedule meetings, appointments, property tours and travel plans
- Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout making appropriate changes; responsible of accuracy and clarity of final copy
- Work closely with agents on various initiatives and special projects
- Organize, create, prepare and produce customized marketing materials as well as client-specific packages, presentations and proposals
- Assist with preparation, coordinaton and assembly of marketing materials for property listings, including brochures, invitations, signage, and announcements on InDesign, while maintaining Avison Young's brand throughout all projects.
- Update listings on Avison Young's website and other locations as advised.
- Research and design space maps tailored to clients on InDesign
- Coordinate property surveys and other applicable research and marketing collateral relevant
- Prepare market and space availability searches as required
- In conjunction with the Research Department, prepare title searches, zoning/planning and vacancy/sale searches as required
- Conduct market information research through various sources including CRM and third party databases such as MLS, Altus, CoStar, etc.
- Update CRM database with current market and client information.
- Minimum 3 years of commercial real estate experience
- Experience reviewing and preparing legal documents
- Advanced knowledge and efficient use of business suite computer programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Acrobat)
- Possess characteristic traits of independent thinking, self-starting initiative while working well in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to handle flexibility in task management while having a keen eye for detail
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and create general business documentation.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and format presentations.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to multi-task, utilize effective time management skills, and be able to recognize and respond to time sensitive issues and tasks.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with multiple timelines and with limited direction/ supervision.
- Ability to maintain discretion regarding personnel and industry-related matters.
- Attitude — positive, always seeking to better our team, reaching out to bring value.
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company is comprised of more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 82 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!