Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organisation that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organisation. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why Work for Us:
We believe that our industry is changing, and we want our business to be a melting pot of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. Your gender, religion and race are all highly respected, but are less important to us than your ability to step up and change the game. We provide you with a place where you can do just that, with like-minded people. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent from the industry.
Location: Toronto (Downtown)
Position: Accounting Analyst
Reporting to: Director of Finance
The ideal candidate for the Accounting Analyst position is an accounting/finance professional who seeks to gain valuable experience in a fast-paced and challenging business environment in a rapidly growing firm. In this position, the incumbent will obtain exposure to and interact with all facets of the accounting/finance group, as well as, other cross-functional groups such as operations and sales. The position is based at the company headquarters in Toronto where the incumbent will have additional opportunities to interact with the local staff, the HQ level, to gain exposure to national customers (internal and external).
- Provide data analysis support to Canadian Corporate Accounting team, reporting to Canadian Director of Finance and Canadian National Controller
- Prepare consolidated monthly supporting schedules for the Canadian offices, including but not limited to:
- Aged Accounts Receivables
- Commissions Liabilities
- Fixed Assets
- IFRS 16 Lease Accounting
- Deferred Recruiting and liability
- Prepare monthly financial dashboards and other analytical reports for Management
- Assist with closing procedures for month and quarter end
- Prepare cash balance reporting and assist with cashflow reporting and analysis
- Track new hires for purposes of calculating compensation related liabilities
- Reconcile inter-company balances between parent company and Canadian subsidiaries as well as parent company and foreign subsidiaries
- Assist with tax provision responsibilities and reporting
- Assist with audit reporting requirements
- Support ad hoc financial data requests that drive key company decision making
- Other special projects and duties as required or assigned.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in Accounting or Finance
- A post-secondary degree or diploma with a major in Accounting would be considered an asset
- Advanced excel skills (ie: advanced formulas, macros and pivot tables)
- Completed or working towards CPA or CFA designation
- Experience working in accounting systems, particularly with the general ledger, pulling data for analysis and customizing reports. Proficiency in NetSuite would be considered an asset
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Attitude – positive, always seeking to better our team, striving to add value each day
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Experience in commercial real estate is considered an asset
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!