The Property Manager is responsible for all operations of their assigned property or portfolio of properties. This role is expected to be fully versed in departmental procedure and to develop reasonable familiarity with the entire managed portfolio in order to provide additional coverage and sustainability of service to our clients. All Property Managers are expected to contribute to synergy, capacity and growth within the department. The Property Manager is expected to provide superior customer service at all times and to demonstrate good judgment and an appropriate sense of urgency regarding all property/owner/tenant issues. The Property Manager is responsible for all support services required by the Property Management Department.
- Manages all aspects of a commercial property portfolio which may contain office, retail and industrial buildings. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Provides superior service to tenants, property owners and associates
- Ensures all aspects of tenant lease administration, rent collection and day-to-day administrative operations are maintained and executed in a timely manner
- Effectively develops and maintains strong tenant relations through regular interaction, property visitations and property inspections
- Develop strategic plans and budgets for each managed property
- Managing property accounting issues and reports, including but not limited to: rent collection activities; reviewing, coding, and approving property invoices; and calculating annual operating expense recovery reconciliations
- Manages vendor services, including establishing scope of work, competitive bidding and on-going supervision
- Coordinates the preparation of lease documentation for all new and renewal leasing
- Responsible for management construction of renovations and tenant improvements
- Interacts on a regular basis with owners and/or owner representatives. Includes, but is not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly owner reports, including variance reporting and reforecasting
- Assistance with preparation of documents associated with owner refinance and/or sale activities
- Maintains regular communication with Client Services, Building Engineers, Accounting, Brokerage, Marketing, management and other team members to ensure proper support of the assigned portfolio
- Must have 4-year bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field, with a minimum of 4-6 years of proven, related experience and/or training. CPM or RPA professional designation or candidacy preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and other software programs. Experience with MRI, Yardi, AvidExchange, CTI and fixed asset programs.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures, including percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Professional dress and demeanor required. Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, sales environment and work with a variety of personalities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients. Ability to effectively present information.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations to email@example.com. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About Avison Young
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises 5,000 real estate professionals in 124 offices, providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties. http://www.avisonyoung.com/
This is a general description of primary job responsibilities and does not include all duties that may be reasonably required of the employee by Avison Young from time to time. The company reserves the right to alter the responsibilities of this position or eliminate it altogether in its sole discretion given appropriate notice to the employee. All work is expected to be completed in a timely and thorough manner and in full compliance with Avison Young departmental policies and/or applicable law. All employees are expected to demonstrate an increasing level of independence in the performance of their duties with a decreasing level of supervision. All work is expected to be completed in a manner which secures the loyalty of our clients, tenants and associates and further positions Avison Young for growth.