Date postée: juillet 2019
Assistant General Manager - Retail
Assistant General Manager (AGM) RETAIL
The assistant general manager's major responsibilities are to handle all business activities including and specifically all marketing objectives of the center. Position requires organization, time management and outreach skills. The person must represent the center on and off property as it may relate to all property responsibilities as assigned. The AGM will work hand in hand with the Regional Vice President/General Manager and will be held accountable for essential duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervision of maintenance and office staff assigned to property.
- Draft, negotiate, and administer leases on behalf of the landlord with knowledge of landlord tenant laws.
- Assistant prepare and monitor operating budgets, coordinate and oversee routine remodeling, repairs and tenant improvements and ensures compliance with codes, regulations and governmental agency directives.
- Responsible for rent payment provisions and rent collection procedures and understand risk management principals and the administration of insurance.
- Responsible for reviewing and coding invoices for payment.
- Perform property inspections and ensuring the building in compliance with OSHA, Fire & Safety Laws and assures optimal functioning of building systems (HVAC, fire safety equipment, elevators and security systems); and general maintenance of buildings with 24/7 accessibility for emergency response/coordination.
- Coordinate building systems and operations and utilize selection and retention strategies to maintain occupancy level and work in conjunction with leasing agents by providing information and bidding as requested within the scope of property management duties. Preparation of the annual operating budget to maintain budgetary guidelines.
- Reviews bids for contract work and ensures adherence to proper preventive maintenance schedules
- Scheduling all repairs and maintenance with vendors and ensuring the proper care of the property.
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of in/out migration, property competition, and other market conditions affecting leasing and operations.
- Maintains building security measures, ensuring proper incident documentation and notification to management, owners, and insurance carriers.
- Resolves and investigates all security-related issues for properties; develops incident report system and understands and monitors compliance with terms of Management Agreements (if applicable).
- Track work orders, and regularly reviews maintenance reports.
- Prepares and submits monthly operational reporting as requested
CENTER CENTRIC MARKETING
- Provide superior customer service to retailers, customer and any potential sponsorship partners.
- Participate in a social media – Facebook
- Monitor, track and provide all support for increasing customer email database –
- This includes gathering customer forms from retail partners (VIP Program)
- Support promotional concepts and marketing programs that drive sales/traffic to both the center and tenants.
- Assist in local implementation of key marketing programs including those at various retail key periods including but not limited to January Clearance Period, Presidents/Valentines Day, Find Your Spring Fashion, July 4th, BTS and holiday.
- Serve as point person for all marketing/traffic driving event activations.
- Develop retailer relations by establishing and maintaining a thorough understanding of the retailer business.
- Prepare all sales and traffic reports, media relations and other necessary marketing/center related documents.
- Encourage and proactively lead team communication and idea exchanges.
- Work special events which may be held at night, on weekends and/or holidays
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Ability to provide timely and accurate response to all involved with the property
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Knowledge of business practices and principles
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Effective negotiating and management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training in the Shopping Center Industry which is highly desired. Desire and heart for the outlet retail approach is a must – training provided to and for the right candidate!
Nags Head, North Carolina