Position Location: Downtown Chicago
Reporting To: CIO
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals.
The CRM Director will lead our enterprise-level CRM capabilities and combine technology, client insights, data analytics and database management to drive overall business value and adoption. This will include establishing long-term strategic goals, roadmap, resources, and workflows for high data quality, data use and user adoption. The Director will drive business change and compliance, ensure process consistency and use of the CRM tools, and establish/achieve goals in conjunction with the leadership team. The ideal candidate will have successfully lead Salesforce CRM implementations, built and developed strong relationships with multiple business units at all levels of the organization, and have a strong strategic orientation.
- Gather requirements, priorities, current state, opportunities and innovations from stakeholders to develop and execute a global CRM strategy and roadmap
- Evaluate partnership opportunities to enhance current product offerings and establish ongoing relationships with key strategic partners
- Lead a distributed global CRM team
- Work closely with subject matter experts and various business teams at all levels of the organization to lead change, direct database optimization, direct development of effective tools and reports, and promote adoption
- Work across functions to define policies, standards, and processes for data management
- Work with Compliance team on “Know Your Client” initiatives
- Develop and implement measurable KPIs to measure the impact of adopting the CRM strategy. Analyze trends and feedback and take actions to enhance the user experience
- Assess impact on training, interfaces, processes, documentation, etc., and make recommendations for new or changed functionality. Lead design process.
- Lead continuous process improvement and provide insights into best practices.
- Communicate status, progress and issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely and proactive manner. Stay current with trends and issues in the market and consult with leadership on the impact of current and future solutions
- Lead new and manage existing integrations with other business information systems e.g. marketing automation, accounting, etc.
- Proven experience planning and implementing CRM strategies and processes as well as relevant technology experience in implementing large-scale technologies (e.g., CRM, ERP, etc.), including managing technological transformation and organizational adoption
- Excellent attention to detail while maintaining the big picture. Ability to manage multiple parallel initiatives with competing priorities in a fast paced, rapidly changing, and results-oriented environment
- Experience with master data management (MDM) tools
- Technically competent with experience with Salesforce and related Salesforce products and system integrations
- Creative, with good design sense and the conviction to strive for world class user experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and networks with individuals at all levels
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong strategic orientation, critical thinking skills and problem-solving expertise with a passion to continually learn and grow
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Understanding of the effect of CRM implementation on business processes, people, etc. and experience with business case methodologies
- Team oriented with proven ability to lead, mentor, and manage small teams and delegate authority where appropriate
- Ability to travel globally
- 8-10 years’ experience CRM Administration and Management
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s strongly preferred)
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company is comprised of more than 5,000 real estate professionals in 120 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices.