Assistant Property Manager
Assistant Property Manager
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm, with 120 offices providing sales, leasing and management services to owners and occupiers of properties around the world. We are rapidly building a global brand and are seeking an Assistant Property Manager to join our team.
Responsible for assisting the Property Manager in the efficient operation and management of the property(ies). Maximize the performance and profitability and protect the value of the asset.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensure all property files are prepared and maintain in an orderly and logical manner, including leases and contracts.
- Code and input all property invoices into the accounting system.
- Prepare and coordinate bid proposals and service contracts.
- Obtain aging report for management and follow up on all tenant delinquencies.
- Coordinate tenant move ins and move outs, including furniture delivery and pick up
- Oversee maintenance of work order and purchase order systems
- Responsible for aspects of development and maintenance of a comprehensive Tenant Service Package, including tenant handbook, holiday gifts, special events and training meetings or programs for tenants.
- Ensure Certificate of Insurance for tenants and vendors are up to date.
- Ensure that above standard tenant bill-backs for electrical usage, after hours hvac, and other similar charges are processed in a timely manner
- Assist supervisor with aspects of annual budget preparation and monthly financial reports
- Execute established operating procedures and assist in the development and establishment of new procedures, as appropriate.
- Handle responses to tenant requests and/or complaints; establish and maintain favorable landlord/tenant relations. Monitor work orders to ensure problems are properly resolved and are responded to in a timely manner.
- Assist in the solicitation of bids from vendors and the awarding of contracts for work performed at the building; maintain a working knowledge of all vendor contracts and ensure compliance with same.
- Maintain a working knowledge of lease agreements and administration of related documents.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, directing and updating of building life safety and security procedures. Coordinate the activities of the security contractor.
- Prepare for and conduct semi-annual floor warden meetings and fire drills; coordinate activities with local fire department.
- Attend and participate in meetings and conferences in the local area as directed by the Property Manager
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.