Senior Property Administrator
Job Description: Senior Property Administrator
Reporting To: Senior Property Administrator
Position Location: Calgary, Downtown
Who Are We?
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its Principals. Founded in 1978, with legacies dating back more than 200 years, the company comprises approximately 5,000 real estate professionals in 120 offices in 20 countries. The firm’s experts provide value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management and financing services to clients across the office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality sectors.
We are seeking a Senior Property Administrator with expertise in the management of a mixed-use portfolio. This position oversees a portfolio of retail, office and industrial properties.
Who Are You?
As the successful candidate for this position, you will develop and maintain an environment that recognizes the ultimate importance of the Tenant, as well as your Team in providing exceptional service levels to clients and strategic partners.
- Assist with preparation for the annual budget process for assigned buildings within the portfolio.
- Draft and distribute correspondences to tenant
- Responsible / accountable for rent collection, cheque posting, and application of monies to tenant accounts
- Responsible / accountable for reviewing monthly recurring billings
- Monitor and control tenant arrears; report weekly on status of account receivables; ensure that delinquent accounts are minimized
- Prepare Rental Letters
- Liaise with tenants and accounting regarding accounts receivable matters
- Client relationship back up to the Property Managers
- Assist the Property Manager in all aspects of tenant requirements under the respective lease agreements, including regular tenant contact, handling tenant queries and issues and ensuring all reasonable tenant needs are met in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure excellent tenant relations and strong customer service
- Process invoices including matching, coding invoices to comply with budget schedules, and compiling and verifying batches
- Monitor and track vacant unit utility accounts
- Process all cheques, invoices, and related reports and systems within Yardi accounting software as assigned
- Complete all administrative functions relating to property management as specified
- Read and understand leases to ensure accurate information is received and maintained
- Prepare tenant and head lease abstracts and ensure accuracy of rent rolls
- Read and review Lease Review Checklists and reports
- Maintain and update security deposit reports
- Maintain and update tenant information, including phone numbers, contact names, and emergency contact information as changes occur
- Record, update, and maintain insurance coverage
- Liaise with tenants and Contractors as required or directed
- Perform a wide variety of administrative duties including word processing, filing, photocopying, faxing, making travel arrangements, scheduling appointments, answering phones, receiving guests, etc.
- Ensure tenants abide by the terms of the lease and other relevant acts and by-laws
- Other such duties as directed & required by the Property Manager and General Manager
- Complete understanding and adherence to the Environmental Policy, the Code of Conduct, and other policies and procedures relevant to the position as prescribed from time to time
- 3+ years’ experience in accounts receivable, proficient with general principles of accounting, and proficiency in Yard 7S accounting software
- Typing speed of 60 wpm (minimum)
- Intermediate to advance skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, and familiarity in Angus Anywhere
- Thorough understanding or property management terminology, principals and procedures
- Experience working with commercial leases and related documents
- Excellent time management / organizational skills to simultaneously handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Detail oriented; ability to work within timelines
- Self-motivated, self-starter, professional and flexible; able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Post-secondary education in business, accounting or finance is an asset
- General knowledge and understanding of financial statements
- Relationship Skills - Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with owners, tenants and team members; ability to exercise confidentiality; professional phone manner, self-motivated team player with good conflict-resolution skills; committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with company objectives
- Organizational / Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; a highly organized individual who has an eye for detail and accuracy
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises of more than 5,000 real estate professionals in 120 offices in 20 countries providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.