Director, HR, North America
Who Are We?
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing full-service commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals.
We are excited to add a Director, HR, North America, to our dynamic team resulting from growth in all parts of our global business.
- Identify HR-related needs for North America with respect to policy, process, and procedures; coordinate with Global Director, HR and CHRO on recommendations
- Provide practical, consistent, and pro-active support, direction and advice to Managing Directors, Operations Managers, supervisors and employees on complex Human Resource, Employee Relations, and Labour Issues
- Spearhead activities in support of company initiatives including but not limited to employee engagement, diversity and inclusion succession planning, talent development, retention strategies and other company initiatives; goals must be aligned with overall corporate goals and objectives and global HR strategy
- Prepare workforce analytics as required for Canada and the US; Coordinate information for reports and presentations for Country leads
- Provide meaningful guidance and serve as a key contributor on human capital matters associated with M&A activity
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed laws/regulations affecting human resources management. Identify trends that could impact organizational objectives and/or operational resources. In collaboration with the internal Legal department interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management and employees accordingly
- Collaborate within team and across functions to streamline processes
- Contribution to mergers & acquisition activities
- Respond intelligently, collaboratively, and in accordance with regulatory guidelines for workplace practices, while being mindful of the Company’s cultural values regarding these issues;
- Contemplate and implement more robust and systematic/consistent utilization of the Company’s HRMS solution, ADP and Ultipro, where possible and proactively plan on how to scale usage with the growth of the company
- Travel to market locations where and when necessary or required;
- Such other reasonable duties as the Company or Chief Human Resources Officer from time to time may require you to perform.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience with 4+ years in a management capacity
- Completions of a Bachelor's degree in Business/Human Resources or equivalent from an accredited university; Completion of SHRM designation or equivalent
- Commercial Real estate experience preferred
- M&A due diligence and integration experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including: compensation, recruitment, employee relations, diversity, performance management, benefit programs, and employment law
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels; confidence in partnering with senior business leaders and coaching for success
- Linguistic abilities in French or Spanish are not required but will be considered an asset
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises of more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 84 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.