Assistant Property Manager - Miami
We are currently seeking an enterprising individual who will serve as an Assistant Property Manager for an industrial portfolio in Miami-Dade County. This candidate will work in all functions of property management administration including, but not limited to, timely processing of new leases, renewals and amendments and communicating with the property manager regarding rent commencements and tenant move-ins.
- Ability to review leases and review and approve lease abstracts.
- Work with property manager on new tenants and rent commencement dates.
- Maintain monthly rent rolls for Property Manager’s approval.
- Maintain certificates of Insurance for all vendors and tenants.
- Track tenant requirements per the lease to ensure up-to-date records.
- Report on monthly accruals.
- Report on monthly billings.
- Report on monthly construction management fees.
- Review AR balances and contact tenants on any outstanding rents.
- Complete monthly collection report to ownership.
- Track utility expenses per property.
- Assist with tenant improvement projects (bid requests, vendor selection).
- Approve Invoices on a weekly basis in batch to turnover to landlord for processing.
- Annual CAM reconciliation and assist with annual budget preparation.
- Daily communication with tenants.
- Commercial property management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Yardi Property Management software experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand tenant leases.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Professional communication skills.
- College degree preferred, but will consider candidates with Industry experience.
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off effective date of hire.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.