Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organization that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organization. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why work for us?
We believe our industry is changing and we want our business to be a company of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. At Avison Young, we are committed to hiring people from all walks of life who have a collaborative style and innovations focus; we believe a diverse and embracing workforce makes for a stronger, more capable and competitive company. We will provide you with a place where you can step up and change the game. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent.
Associate Program Details
The Avison Young Associate Program offers the most effective training and support initiatives in the industry to create a solid foundation for our industry leaders of the future. Individuals accepted into the program will gain industry experience from qualified mentors - experts in their discipline - who share their wisdom gained from lived experience and continually serve as a knowledge-base for associates beginning their career in commercial real estate.
- Working directly with a senior team of high performance successful real estate agents to support and grow their business
- Business development activities including speaking with new customers and developing and coordinating marketing initiatives
- Preparing proposals for new and existing customers, negotiation strategies, creating marketing plans, drafting documentation and executing on social media opportunities
- Learning industry trends, daily market updates, attending industry events
- Working with our world class CRM, tracking prospective clients, coordinating reporting activities
- Avison Young offers a one-year Associate Program with an annual salary and ongoing support to assist Associates in transitioning into successful commission sales agents
- After transitioning into commission sales your earning potential is only limited by your own abilities to attract and serve great clients
AY Success Formula
- Mentorship for new sales associates is a critical element to finding success in commercial real estate and Avison Young provides direct long-term mentorship through our experienced and committed Principals
- Training ensures that associates receive skill specific advice and guidance on areas of business planning, business development, legal elements, transaction processes, sales and presentation training
- Culture is fundamental at Avison Young and is a pillar of our continued success - it ensures our organization is aligned with our core values, overall mission and priorities as a Canadian Best Managed Company and is also a fun, enjoyable place to work
- Collaboration is core to the Avison Young philosophy and ensures our Associates are engaged with all elements of the business and have access to our Principals and leadership team
- Ideal candidates will have completed their real estate license courses or be an active Real Estate Sale Representatives
- Post-secondary education completed within the last two years with a degree/diploma related to business, marketing or finance
- Consideration will be given to candidates with work experience in sales or marketing who have enrolled with OREA and started working towards completing their real estate license
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- This position is best suited for high energy individuals who are adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company is comprised of more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 82 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!