Date postée: septembre 2019
Avison Young Commercial Real Estate (B.C.) Inc.
Job Title: Revenue Coordinator (1 Year Maternity Leave Contract)
Reports To: Daisy Hu, Controller
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Performing an extremely detailed review of deal transactions submitted for processing (i.e. commission memos, Listing Agreements, Purchase and Sale Agreements, Offers to Lease, Leases etc.), finding errors and deficiencies and remedying those
· Entering deal information into the accounting database
· Making adjustments to transactions in the database as they arise
· Prepare and complete deal file, which involves obtaining signatures and ensuring supporting documentation is received
· Maintaining a high level of compliance as required by the Real Estate Council, the Real Estate Board and CRA
· Prepare and send out invoices on a timely basis
· Monitor Accounts Receivable and work with agents to collect
· Provide regular updates on A/R status to Controller and Managing Director
· Posting Accounts Receivable and preparing monthly aged accounts receivable reports and taking internal steps to collect outstanding receivables
· Bookkeeping as required
· Assist with internal reporting including pipeline reports
· Process bank deposits in accounting system and take deposits to the bank
· Other accounting related duties as needed
· Liaising with staff and responding to staff enquiries on a daily basis
· Liaise with law firms and other brokerage firms
· Send conveyancing instructions to law firms or other brokerages
· Prepare Accounts Receivable Report
· Prepare Bank Reconciliation Report
· Manage trust deposits and maintain trust ledger. Includes:
· Reconciling trust ledger with General Ledger
· Set up and collapse term deposits
· Monitor the release of deposits
· Prepare cheque requests and ensure proper release documents are obtained
Qualifications and Required Skills
· Five years related experience and post-secondary education in real estate business and/or bookkeeping. Conveyancing experience is an asset.
· Attention to detail cannot be emphasized enough, organized and excellent time management skills
· Ability to prioritize competing priorities under time constraints
· Advanced knowledge and efficient use of business applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, accounting software
· Excellent command of English written and oral communication skills
· Ability to assess situations and demonstrate problem solving and judgment capabilities
· Willingness to learn and take on responsibilities as needed
· Strong relationship management skills with internal and external stakeholders
· Maintain positive working relationship with a wide variety of personalities and age groups
· Knowledge of general business documentation
· Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with multiple deadlines and with limited supervision
· Ability to work independently and as a team
· Professional, reliable and available to work after normal business hours in frequently
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
· Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
· The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
· For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
· Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
· To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.avisonyoung.com