Receptionist - Ft. Lauderdale
The Florida Region is currently seeking a receptionist for the Ft. Lauderdale office to coordinate the day-to-day administrative tasks of the office and create a first impression that is positive for all visitors. The position requires independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize responsibilities in order to meet multiple deadlines, while interacting with a diverse group of colleagues, clients, and service providers.
- Professional interaction with colleagues, client and service providers.
- Maintain an organized, well-stocked office.
- Interface with local vendors to coordinate maintenance of copiers, offices supplies, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling conference rooms and coordinating in-office events.
- Primary liaison with the building property management for day-to-day maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Other administrative tasks and special projects as needed.
- Professional dress and demeanor required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible, team player with a positive attitude.
- Takes initiative and always willing to learn.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, environment and work with a variety of personalities.
- High school diploma.
- One to three years’ experience in a corporate environment.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off effective date of hire.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.