The Property Manager is responsible for management of a single property or portfolio of properties including commercial, industrial or retail as assigned. Property Manager oversees all operations and ensures the performance of the duties outlined below.
- Responds to tenants needs, ensuring that building staff resolve problems promptly. Ensures that services are provided in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and contractual obligations and standards.
- Perform regular property inspections and recommends/approves alterations, maintenance and reconditioning as necessary.
- Bids, secures and administers service agreements with vendors and suppliers, while achieving the best value for facility products and services.
- Develops and controls annual budgets for operating and capital expenses. Forecasts management plans and reviews monthly financial reports, explaining variances.
- Assists leasing agents in all aspects of leasing including obtaining cost estimates for new tenants and contracting tenant improvements. Reviews all offers received in detail and provides concise written recommendations to the landlords/asset managers.
- Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs, and “walk through” spaces with tenants.
- Coordinates and oversees all building construction work to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Acts as primary contact with property owners/asset managers, serving as Owner Representative to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Provide and foster positive relationships with tenants, external clients and internal clients.
- Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Leadership Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management Skills
- Customer/Client Focus (internal and external)
- Financial Acumen
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related discipline preferred
- 3+ years of real estate property management or related experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess real estate license
- Strong knowledge of finance and building operations
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, and delegate
- Ability to effectively manage a team of professionals, including both employees and vendors
- Previous experience in analyzing and negotiating commercial lease and/or contract language
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Yardi, MRI, Payscan