Melissa Cushma - Professionals - Atlanta
Melissa Cushma serves as a project manager for Avison Young’s project and construction management group. In this role, she helps oversee all of the firm’s construction and building improvement projects in Atlanta and throughout the Southeast. Supporting the firm’s corporate tenant owner clients, Melissa works with assignments related to relocations, space build-outs, capital improvement and renovation projects, and new commercial real estate developments.
Melissa is consistently praised by her clients for her quality and consistency in managing the project and construction phases of a space build-out, including the initial planning to final move-in. Her day-to-day tasks include onsite project management, invoicing, job cost analysis and cost tracking, project timeline management, project status reporting, and warranty review and procurement among others.
Over the past year, Melissa has successfully managed the following construction assignments:
- Village Podiatry – Medical office location (3,473 SF)
- Choice Payroll – Atlanta office (3,553 SF)
- Perficient, Inc. – Atlanta office (17,870 SF)
- Artaissance (Larson-Juhl) – Office/manufacturing/distribution center (18,700 SF)
- J. Smith Lanier – Johns Creek office renovations (49,617 SF)
- Totem Solutions – Johns Creek office (8,519 SF)
- Immediate Credit Recovery – Call center (25,157 SF)
- Galleria 200 – Building Common Area and Café Renovations (20,913 SF)
- Argos USA Expansion – Atlanta office (10,457 SF)
Melissa brings to Avison Young more than a decade of experience in the commercial real estate industry. Before joining the firm, Melissa was with the Atlanta office of Transwestern where she was an Assistant Project Manager. Prior to that, she worked at the Atlanta Office of Grubb & Ellis. During her tenure, she work side-by-side the firm’s top producing corporate brokerage team and executed the marketing, accounting and lease administration efforts. Prior to that, she worked in a similar role with GVA Advantis.