With over 21 years of hands on experience with investors and developers of Single Family, MultiFamily and Retail Properties, David Mantek is fully equipped to serve his clients real estate needs. His main focus is representing Developers, Owners/Investors and Users/Occupiers of Retail, as well as Investment properties.
Prior to joining Avison Young, David worked for Guinness Bass Import Company, later known as Diageo, the global leader in alcoholic beverages. David worked with iconic brands, such as Johnny Walker, Tanqueray, Crown Royal, Baileys, and, of course, Guinness Beer. During his time spend with Diageo, David held positions ranging from District Manager to National Account Manager. His responsibilities with Diageo stretched from managing wholesalers across multiple states to managing Diageo’s portfolio for grocery chain stores, such as Publix, Harris Teeter, Lowes Foods, Food Lion and Bruno’s.
In addition, David’s entrepreneur spirt flourished with the development of Mantek Properties, LLC in 1995. Within eleven short years, David had acquired enough properties and investments to make the business a full-time passion. His expertise and care of his own properties, allows David the insider knowledge of what his clients need out of a commercial real estate broker.
- Rotary Member Since 1999
- Rotary Scholarship Committee member since 2003
- Completed all courses with CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member)
- Private Pilot since 1997
- 1999 City of Charleston Clean Cities Sweep winner for remodeling low income properties.
- 2008 Captains Pride Award from Charleston County for the Architectural Improvement and Beautification of Indigo Village Shopping Center
- 2009 City of Charleston Police Department Citizen of the Year