- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Size: 18,100 SF
- Type of Project: Accounting & Consulting Firm
- Service Type: Occupier Solutions
- A national accounting and consulting firm occupied ±9,906 sf and needed to expand. The client’s current landlord was not able to accommodate their request.
- Five years remained on the client’s current lease term.
- Client needed to provide renewal notice by November 30, 2026.
- Finding a landlord who would offer a market deal and offset the current rent obligation.
- Created leverage in the market with name and credit to the tenant to obtain an ±18,100-sf space in Downtown Raleigh.
- Negotiated two years of rent off-set from new landlord.
- Signed a 138 month lease with six months of rent abatement, $40 TI allowance and landlord provided tenant with rent reduction equal to the rent obligation at their current location for 28 months.
- The Occupier Solutions Team was able to sublet their space immediately upon move out, saving the tenant the rent obligation through the term and receiving an offset for 28 months.
- New location offered recruitment / retention for their employment base.
- Client savings of $1,563,000.