Michael Hawton is a value-driven, senior executive and consultant with more than 30 years of experience spanning commercial real estate, insurance, health & wellness, public policy, and tech. He leverages his extensive private and public sector background and his past and current leadership experience to help drive strategic success for Avison Young in Austin and across Texas.
He focuses on leadership development and coaching, business development, team building and high value relationship creation. Areas of expertise include operations, sales, Agile methodology, continuous improvement, and strategic planning.
Michael is an active member in the community, serving as volunteer in ecclesiastical leadership roles since 1987 and on non-profit boards focused on economic development and combating intergenerational poverty and human trafficking.
Credentials and Professional Affiliations
- Masters Public Affairs, Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- BA, Political Science & Government, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Member, Greater San Marcos Partnership
- Member, Georgetown Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, Greater San Marcos Partnership
- Board Member, Dream Come True Foundation
- Founder/Board Member, ROCo Racing