Welcome to Houston
Houston’s robust economy, low cost of living and diverse population has made it the number one destination city for U-Haul for the last nine years. It has the fourth largest population in the U.S and is the 9th largest U.S. city by land area. People from around the globe relocate to Houston seeking the abundant opportunities in the industries of energy, health sciences, space technology and aviation. It is home to 25 Fortune 500 companies, is the energy capital of the world, has the nation’s largest port, based on foreign tonnage, and is also home of the world’s largest medical center. This amazingly resilient city has been the perfect fit for Avison Young’s Houston office since 2010 and continues to expand rapidly with the leadership of two industry veterans.
Avison Young is a privately-owned company with a principal-led culture that is focused on providing best-in-class real estate services throughout Houston Metro. It is one of Houston’s leading providers of integrated commercial real estate services including tenant representation, landlord leasing, investment sales, capital markets and industrial tenant representation. Our organization is team-driven and client-focused. The depth of our market knowledge assures that we capture and capitalize on the trends impacting our clients and their real estate needs.
Houston’s STEM Diversification TransformationOctober 2020 Blog by Rand StephensOctober 28, 2020It’s been nearly a decade since Texas A&M and The University of Texas (UT) battled it out on the football field, but make no mistake, the rivalry remains strong as these two universities and others such as Baylor University keep the competitive spirit going on the field of health sciences at the Texas Medical Center in Houston. With the recent groundbreaking of the $500 million Texas A&M Innovation Plaza, and Rice University’s technology innovation hub, the Ion, set to open in early 2021, Houston’s increased engagement with the life sciences and technology could be the economic boost the doctor ordered.
Engineering firm expands Katy office to nearly 40,000 sfLJA Engineering, Inc. extends lease and adds spaceOctober 19, 2020Avison Young today announced that it has negotiated a lease extension and expansion of office space on behalf of LJA Engineering, Inc., to 38,357-square feet (sf) at 1904 W. Grand Parkway North in Katy, TX.
Avison Young report shows current economic climate continues to be favorable for tenantsReleases third quarter market reports for Houston industrial and office sectorsOctober 6, 2020Houston, TX – Avison Young today released its Third-Quarter 2020 Office and Industrial Market Reports for Houston. The industrial sector continues to outperform the office and other commercial real estate sectors, as is the trend across the country.
§531.20 Information About Brokerage Services
- The Commission adopts by reference the Information About Brokerage Services Notice, TREC No. IABS 1-0 (IABS Notice). The IABS Notice is published by and available from the Texas Real Estate Commission, P.O. Box 12188, Austin, Texas 78711-2188, www.trec.texas.gov.
- Each active real estate broker and sales agent shall provide:
- a link to a completed IABS Notice in a readily noticeable place on the homepage of each business website, labeled:
- "Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Services", in at least 10 point font; or
- "TREC Information About Brokerage Services", in at least 12 point font; and
- the completed IABS Notice at the first substantive communication as required under §1101.558, Texas Occupations Code.