DFW’s industrial pipeline— matching demand for new space
- The question of “overbuilding” frequently comes up given DFW’s significant development pipeline.
- While more than 140 msf was delivered between 2017 and 2021, lease-up has been very strong.
- Currently, vacancy in these newer properties is running just 2.8%, which is well below the region’s already historically low 6.9% average.
- 2022 deliveries totaled 40 msf. Since most properties in DFW are delivered as “spec”, these new offerings are still in initial lease-up.
- As of Q1 2023, these developments have met with good demand and are only 33% vacant.
Get market intel